Getting Help


“Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications with counseling and behavioral therapies to treat substance use disorders and prevent opioid overdose”. https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/treatment

Approved Medications

  1. Suboxone (Buprenorphine)
  2. Methadone
  3. Vivitrol (naltrexone)

Butte 211

Help Central provides three ways that residents of Butte and Glenn counties can receive immediate information and support.

1- Call the 2-1-1 helpline 24 hours/day for live help

2- Text your zip code to 898211 for live help

3- Search the free public database at HelpCentral.org (211glenn.info or Butte211.org)

The HelpCentral.org website provides a way to quickly find low-cost and no-cost health and human services in Butte and Glenn counties. This free online resource can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by any Internet user. You can search for specific services, or browse categories to find information.

Butte County Behavioral Health

Behavioral Health Crisis Lines

24 hours a day / 7 days a week

800-334-6622 or 530-891-2810

Behavioral Health provides services for individuals in crisis, for youth, for adults and for alcohol and drug treatment. Services are provided in Chico, Paradise, Oroville, Gridley and rural communities.

Naloxone: Northern Valley Harm Reduction Coalition (NVHRC) is a community led effort committed to reducing harm and providing evidence-based education, advocacy, and direct services to all community members within Butte and the surrounding counties. NVHRC recognizes that to implement holistic and effective change, we must reach our community members with a client-centered approach.


  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    • 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
      TTY: 1-800-799-4889

      Website: suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    • 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call is routed to the nearest crisis center in the national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
  • SAMHSA’s National Helpline
    • 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
      TTY: 1-800-487-4889

      Website: samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
    • Also known as, the Treatment Referral Routing Service, this Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.
  • Disaster Distress Helpline
    • 1-800-985-5990
      Website: samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
    • Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after any natural or human-caused disaster. Call this toll-free number to be connected to the nearest crisis center for information, support, and counseling.
  • Veteran’s Crisis Line
    • 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
      TTY: 1-800-799-4889

      Website: veteranscrisisline.net
    • Connects veterans in crisis (and their families and friends) with qualified, caring Department of Veteran Affair’s responders through a confidential, toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
  • Drug-Free Workplace
    • 1-800-WORKPLACE (967-5752)
      Website: samhsa.gov/workplace/resources/drug-free-helpline
    • Assists employers and union representatives with policy development, drug testing, employee assistance, employee education, supervisor training, and program implementation